bachelor of science in adventure sports management
transform lives with the power of outdoor experiences
demand is rising for outdoor adventure experts who not only excel in adventure sports, but are also proven leaders and managers. this collaborative adventure sports management program provides an education in
- adventure skills,
- outdoor education,
- leadership theory and practice, and
- business management concepts.
networking opportunities, class time adventures and exceptional regional resources deliver hands-on education at a great value. if you are passionate about the outdoors, this program will provide you with everything you need for a successful career in the outdoor adventure sports industry!
choose your path
this program offers two options for completing your adventure sports management degree:
- enroll in the bachelor’s degree program at frostburg, and complete 13 credits of outdoor adventure skills courses with the adventure sports institute of nearby garrett college as a core component of the program.
- earn your 2-year associates degree in adventure sports management from garrett college and transfer seamlessly into frostburg’s bachelor’s degree program.
- experience the mountains of western maryland which provide exceptional outdoor adventure resources from beginner to expert.
- network with skilled outdoor professionals well before you graduate.
- advance your adventure sport skills beginning at introductory level and building to include rescue and instructor training.
- develop skills like critical thinking, good communication and self-direction with our student leadership model.
- gain a strong emphasis on risk management skills in both field skills and administration.
- learn business management skills to become the next adventure sports entrepreneur.
adventure sports management as a field spans several workforce categories, including recreational worker and business leadership, which creates opportunities for employment in numerous related fields.
career opportunities for adventure sports management majors:
- outdoor adventure program administrator
- outdoor adventure guide
- outdoor educator/instructor
- college or university outdoor adventures program coordinator
- wilderness therapy guide and/or administrator
- camp administrator
- outdoor adventure business manager
- outdoor adventure business owner
- k-12 outdoor adventure coordinator
- search and rescue personnel