bachelor of science in business administration
gain the skills needed to succeed in today’s demanding business environment
the four-year bachelor’s program in business administration offered at frostburg state university equips you to begin a career in your choice of six concentration areas or to pursue graduate studies in business. the program is aacsb-accredited, a highly sought-after distinction held by only 5 percent of the world’s business programs. students in the business administration program take a common core of business classes and then specialize in a concentration to complete their bachelor’s degree.
- choose from concentrations in:
general management (pdf)
global business (pdf)
human resource management (pdf)
small business/entrepreneurship (pdf)
bachelor of science in business administration highlights:
- receive excellent career and academic advising early in the program so you can intelligently guide your career in the direction of your highest interest and ability.
- learn in a small classroom environment that facilitates free-flowing interaction between business administration students and faculty.
- Complete a business internship, if you wish, working at such locations as AT&T, Marriott Corporation, Merrill Lynch or U.S. government agencies.
- join student business organizations on campus such as the society for the advancement of management, the society for human resource management, the marketing club, finance club, global business club or the entrepreneurship club.
- obtain a well-rounded business education that prepares you for a successful career or graduate school.
about our business administration faculty:
- learn from business leaders and educators who hold a terminal degree in their fields.
- be coached by business administration faculty who maintain an open-door policy and are readily available to help and mentor students.
- study with educators who have extensive experience in the business world.
sample business administration courses you may take:
managerial accounting – explore accounting as a tool for decision making, planning and control and evaluation. study cost-volume-profit analysis, cost behavior, profit planning and product costing.
corporate finance – learn about the principles of financial management within business enterprises. explore the basics of financial analysis, stocks and bonds valuation, capital budgeting, capital structure decisions, dividend policy and working capital management.
management of organizations – focus on the practice of managing in today’s dynamic environment, the purpose and processes of organizations and managing individuals and groups in organizations. the course emphasizes the skills needed for managerial success.
find out more about frostburg state university’s business administration program requirements (pdf).
also see: frostburg state university's mba program.
career outlook for financial managers:
while the u.s. bureau of labor statistics anticipates average growth of 9 percent for financial manager positions through 2022, the agency also indicates that those with a master’s degree or certification should experience the best job prospects. fsu’s bachelor in business administration is excellent preparation for an mba program or for entry into a career. our graduates have an excellent record of finding and acquiring positions in the field and our career services office helps students prepare for interviews and locate internships where they can gain real-world experience that is highly valued by employers. for more information on the career outlook for business administration graduates, visit www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm (u.s. government occupational outlook handbook).