bachelor of science in engineering
with an electrical concentration at aacc
build on your passion for engineering with a program that comes to you
frostburg state university is proud to partner with anne arundel community college to offer a bachelor of engineering degree with a concentration in electrical engineering, available at the arundel mills regional higher education center and part of the aacc university consortium.
the program is designed for students with an associate’s degree in electrical engineering and provides high-quality frostburg classes through in-person and online learning, plus the facilities and hands-on focus of aacc at arundel mills. frostburg’s program is tailored to meet the needs of current and future industries to best prepare you for a profitable and fulfilling career in engineering.
- earn your bachelor’s degree from a university system of maryland institution while staying close to home.
- switch into this transfer-friendly program and keep the credits you earned at community college, which can be applied toward your bachelor’s degree.
b.s. in engineering highlights
- Enroll in a quality program that is both accessible and affordable. 威尼斯app下载 has one of the lowest tuition rates in the state of Maryland, and studying close to home means no additional room & board fees.
- lay the foundation for your future as an engineer, and build your skills in designing, testing and improving devices and systems across a wide range of electrical engineering applications, from mp3 players to radar systems.
- enjoy aacc’s flexible schedule of day and evening classes, all of which include a “hands-on” lab to give you experience to back up your degree.
about our engineering faculty:
- take upper-level electrical engineering courses either in-person or online with fsu’s diverse and highly qualified faculty, whose interests in engineering extend far beyond the classroom into niches like musical radio and computer networking, and who can help you find what you want to do with your degree.
- receive the most thorough education possible with faculty from both frostburg state and aacc.
sample fsu engineering courses:
computer organization – structure and organization of digital computers. registers, memory, control and i/o. data and instruction formats, addressing modes, assembly language programming. elements of system software, subroutines and their linkages.
power electronics – basic principles of power electronics and its applications. analytical methods, canonical circuit topologies, fundamentals of power semiconductors, snubbing circuits, drive circuits and control methods.
electromagnetic theory – study of electromagnetic fields, coulomb's law, gauss's law, electrical potential, method of images, boundary value problems, multipole expansion, biot-savart law, ampere's law, lorentz force equation, faraday's law and maxwell's equations.
signal and system theory – concept of linear systems, state space equations for continuous systems, time and frequency domain analysis of signals and linear systems. fourier, laplace and z transforms. application of theory to problems in electrical engineering.
find out more about frostburg state university’s engineering program
career outlook for engineers with an electrical background
like in other fields of engineering, engineers who have completed coursework with an electrical engineering focus have a variety of options available to them due to their widely applicable expertise and likely have good careers to look forward to. most are employed in telecommunications companies and engineering firms, which may be a new graduate’s best shot at employment as more businesses trend towards contracting externally for electrical jobs rather than keeping an engineer on staff. general engineering graduates with an electrical engineering background may also find work in closely related fields, such as computer hardware engineering or power engineering, as well as the interdisciplinary field of systems engineering. for more information, visit //www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm