emphasis in computer print graphics
realize a brilliant future for yourself in graphic design
frostburg state university’s emphasis program in computer print graphics combines the value of a graphic design education with the experience of seeing your virtual works brought to life in print. graphic designers are increasingly in demand in the digital age. your ability to not just create great digital art but to translate it into stunning physical products will help you take your design skills and your career to greater heights. through in-class lessons and experience in the studio, you’ll develop your own personal design style that will make you stand out and give you a unique appeal as a designer. you’ll learn to interpret feedback on your designs and use it to craft the best product possible.
- take on a program that emphasizes the value of experiential learning and practical, real-world applications.
- enhance your professional marketability with a professional credential in a technology sector.
computer print graphics highlights
- experience the transformative role computer applications can play in an artist or designer’s career.
- put your designs to the test in competitions and exhibitions hosted around frostburg and beyond every semester.
- create comprehensive layouts that will make valuable additions to your professional portfolio.
- become familiar with modern graphic design software like adobe creative cloud.
- gain a rich vocabulary based on your knowledge of design trends, materials and printing techniques, a vital tool in communicating with clients and fellow designers as a team.
- use modern design tools like fsu’s 3d printer, macintosh computer suites, specialized printers including wide-format printers and other resources available in the gira center.
about our computer print graphics faculty:
- explore the world of graphic design with teachers whose specialized interests include pre-press production and print graphic design.
- work with professors who are involved around campus and love to help you find ways to utilize your skills as well.
sample computer print graphics courses:
digital imaging for the fine arts – introduction to alternative graphic design practices through the study of contemporary media techniques and output to a variety of printing devices. students will explore non-traditional applications of materials and various fabrication processes.
advanced graphic design: print – variety of design problems using macintosh computers combined with traditional layout and illustration techniques. emphasis on the historical and functional use of a professional quality portfolio.
advanced graphic design: interactive multimedia design – processes include digital imaging, digital video and audio production, animation and interface design and scripting. emphasis on the formal, historical and sociological aspects of interactive design.
find out more about frostburg state university’s computer print graphics program
career outlook for graphic designers
an applicant’s most valuable tool when seeking a job in graphic design is a strong professional portfolio, coupled with the ability to work on a variety of new and updated design softwares. graphic designers are in demand for jobs with design services, publishers, advertising agencies, public relations firms and other industries. applicants with experience in several types of media, such as print publications and website design, will have an edge over applicants with more limited experience. for more information, check out the bureau of labor statistics’ page on graphic designers.