emphasis in public administration
explore a future in the public sector
frostburg state university’s emphasis in public administration dives into the world of public services and what goes on behind the scenes in running a public agency. organizations in both public and private sectors rely on skilled administrators to keep them running. your knowledge of public administrations and the processes behind them will be a valuable tool in making the most of every opportunity.
the public administration program gives you a peek into the unique needs and activities of a public organization and fosters modern, relevant skills that will help you excel in the workplace. you’ll examine the public sector as a possible area of employment and gain administrative skills that you’ll find useful wherever your career takes you.
- complete the emphasis program with 12 credit hours.
- pair your public administration program with any academic major to boost your prospects and add to your experience.
public administration highlights
- learn to evaluate programs for their effectiveness and value, a key factor in planning future programs and activities.
- develop skills in creating budgets, which is immensely important in public sector positions as well as a valuable life skill.
- take advantage of great experiential learning opportunities in the political science department, such as model oas, model un and internships.
- Meet other political science students in 威尼斯app下载’s Politics, Law & Society Club or the international Relations Club.
about our public administration faculty:
- study with professors from the political science department who have years of experience and a breadth of knowledge on the needs of public administrations.
- shine in small classrooms that give you one-on-one time with your professors.
sample public administration courses:
public administration – exploration of the administrative functions of u.s. government; focus on national government; comparisons with private sector; emphasis on issues of efficiency.
public budgeting – examination of the role that budgeting plays in state, local and national-level politics. investigation of current prevailing and recent historical techniques of budgeting. exploration of current issues involving the interplay of politics and budgeting.
public program evaluation – examination of current techniques in program evaluation. emphasis will be placed on the policy cycle and the role that program evaluation does, can and should play in politics.
find out more about frostburg state university’s public administration program
career outlook for public administrators
graduates with administrative skills can find work in a number of public offices and departments, as well as private sector businesses with similar needs. general administrative skills can complement just about any major and open up possibilities for advancement. for more information, check out the bureau of labor statistics’ pages on administrative services managers and other management occupations.