minor in coaching
strengthen your college degree with this valued skill enhancement
earning a minor in coaching is an excellent way to add extra value to a frostburg state university bachelor’s degree in education, exercise and sport science, recreation and parks management or to any number of degree programs. a minor in coaching from frostburg state university equips graduates with excellent career skills to enhance a teaching credential or to become involved in a municipal recreational program. the fsu coaching minor blends coaching theory with practical hands-on experience to deliver a well-rounded coaching education.
- earn a coaching minor with just 22 credits
- learn from experienced coaches who lead successful sports teams.
minor in coaching highlights:
- study not only sports but also the care and prevention of athletic injuries, resistance training, sports law and ethics.
- gain field experience coaching athletes.
- learn the art of coaching within fsu’s excellent athletic facilities, including the harold j. cordts physical education center with three gyms, a swimming pool, weight rooms, racquetball courts, outdoor tennis courts and an all-weather track.
about our coaching faculty:
- learn from faculty who are also highly experienced coaches in working with young athletes in competitive sport programs.
- be a part of small classes that provide extensive opportunities for hands-on learning and developing close mentoring relationships with faculty.
- study with professors who represent diverse sports, giving you a broad range of options for your coaching experience.
find out more about frostburg state university’s coaching minor requirements (pdf).
career outlook for coaches:
coaches equip athletes – both professional and amateur – with the skills needed to win in their sports. the u.s. bureau of labor statistics anticipates 11 percent career growth in coaching positions through 2028, which is faster growth than the average across all occupations. for more information, visit the u.s. government occupational outlook handbook- coach and scouts.