p-12 education program
Get ready to teach art, music or health & physical education
The P-12 Education program at frostburg state university offers you a great teacher preparation that pairs smoothly with 威尼斯app下载’s art, music and health & P.E. programs and grants you access to a range of teaching opportunities. 威尼斯app下载’s program leads to eligibility to teach in any grade from kindergarten through 12, providing experiences and outside-the-classroom lessons on the way that build up your confidence and skills. Pick your teaching focus in art, music or health & P.E., and partner your choice with the corresponding major to develop skills that will make you shine. You’ll graduate with the resources, abilities and experiences you’ll need to start a fulfilling career improving the minds of your students.
- earn your degree from a university that began as a teachers’ college and maintains a reputation for training superb teachers.
- excel in a teaching program recognized by the council for the accreditation of educator preparation (caep)
- create a portfolio of your teaching experiences, a valuable tool for landing your first job.
- engage in experiential classes that follow a “study, observe, reflect” form, which put you in real classrooms with highly skilled teachers to learn in the field.
- boost your education with some of fsu’s great resources, which include the children’s literature centre, a program that connects teachers in training with children in the community.
- spend a semester in limerick, ireland! fsu offers a direct exchange program with mary immaculate college, which boasts strong education programs and allows you to pay fsu tuition while studying abroad.
about our education faculty:
- study with professors who have years of teaching experience in classrooms of all levels.
- thrive with talented education faculty while you deepen your content area knowledge with skilled professors from across the university!
- learn and lead in small classrooms that let you shine as an individual.
sample education courses:
leadership seminar – reflective self and peer evaluation of teaching performance in the classroom as a foundation for exploration of the leadership roles professional teachers are expected to play in the classroom, school, community and profession.
content area reading – identification of the special reading demands in content areas and development of appropriate instructional activities. the reading process as it relates to content area learning. research, best practices and instructional strategies.
reading and writing connections – reading and writing activities in daily instruction. the role and use of authentic assessments in determining student reading performance and selection of materials appropriate to student ability levels.
find out more about frostburg state university’s p-12 education program
career outlook for teachers
while job growth and opportunities will vary by region, the u.s. bureau of labor statistics projects an increase in demand for trained school teachers from 2014 to 2024 due to increased enrollment, growing class sizes and a large segment of the workforce expected to retire. more opportunities can be expected in rural and urban areas than in suburban districts. for more information, check out the bureau of labor statistics’ pages on elementary, middle, and high school teachers.