doctor of education - now online!
accepting applications for summer 2021 cohort - deadline march 1
educational leadership (ed.d.)
earn a terminal degree that prepares educational leaders to manage change
earning a doctor of education degree from frostburg state university equips you to assume a leadership role in your chosen area of specialization, to be that administrator, supervisor, master teacher, policy specialist or something else. this applied doctoral degree is rooted in practical experiences, exploration of case studies, problem-based learning activities and an integrated practicum. the educational leadership doctorate program is offered 100% online.
choose from four areas of doctoral program specializations:
- adult and professional learning facilitation
- pk12 leadership
- higher education leadership
doctor of education highlights:
- 100% online offers flexibility for working professionals .
- the cohort design and engaging instructional design provides an opportunity for building a strong peer community during the program.
- begin classes in the summer session as part of a cohort of no more than 25 students.
- complete in 3-4 years by taking two years of ed.d. classes with dissertation undertaken after completion of the coursework.
- be part of a program that is designed for pinnacle leaders who approach education with a plan that looks into the future.
- earn a degree that prepares you to lead in a public school, private school, higher education setting or community setting.
- engage in a doctoral degree program that blends theory with practice, requiring both content mastery and research.
career outlook for education leaders:
a doctorate of education degree can lead in many diverse career directions. the chart below lists anticipated career growth through 2026 for several educational leadership positions, as predicted by the u.s. bureau of labor statistics.
|postsecondary educational administrators||10 percent growth|
|elementary, middle and high school principals||8 percent growth|
|post secondary education administrators||10 percent growth|
for more information, visit www.bls.gov/ooh/ (u.s. government occupational outlook handbook) and search for your specific area of career interest.
to find out more:
- call the office of graduate services at 301.687.7053
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- learn more: register for a webinar or attend an event
- apply now