master of education – interdisciplinary
tailor your education degree program to your personal career goals
frostburg state university’s master of education -interdisciplinary concentration is designed for students who have specific career goals in mind that are not met by fsu’s other m.ed. concentrations. students interested in switching career fields, working for community education and/or outreach organizations, teaching in a community college; or developing educational materials and training for a business or other organization may find the interdisciplinary degree best meets their individual educational needs. teachers can also enter this program and design a master’s degree which can be used to develop a specific set of skills and knowledge that can create a set of marketable skills for career advancement or advanced knowledge for application in the classroom.
as a student in this program, you will pursue two different content areas from graduate programs across fsu's three colleges (college of education, college of business and college of liberal arts and sciences). working with your advisor/program coordinator, you will design a personal study plan from courses in the below focus areas to meet your career goals.
- curriculum and instruction
- educational leadership
- educational technology
- higher education
- management and leadership
- recreation, park and sport management
- school counseling
- special education
the master of education interdisciplinary concentration is not intended to lead to initial or specialized advanced certification for teaching in the public schools; however, certified teachers who are not served by any of our other m.ed. master's programs and who want to develop a program curriculum to better serve their career goals are encouraged to consider this degree option.
master of education – interdisciplinary highlights:
- delivery designed for the working professional with evening, online and blended courses.
- learn to read and apply research in your specialty area and in related fields.
- develop advanced knowledge in two separate fields that can be linked to meet your personal or professional goals.
- analyze contemporary curriculum and learn the latest methods for content development.
- work closely with an advisor to develop a study plan that meets your unique educational and career goals.
- gain an understanding of the physical, cognitive, cultural and emotional development vital to the learning process.
about our master of education – interdisciplinary faculty:
- study with faculty members from our education department, and from a second discipline of your choosing, who are recognized experts in their respective fields.
- learn online or in small classes taught by faculty members with years of experience assisting students in reaching their individual learning and career goals.
other m.ed. degree concentrations available at frostburg state university:
- master of education – special education
- master of education – curriculum and instruction
- master of education – reading
- master of education – educational leadership
also see: fsu’s doctor of education in educational leadership - ed.d.
students that participate in the m.ed. interdisciplinary program often seek a careers in various private and public institutions which focus on education ie. higher education to include administration and athletics, corporate or non-profit institutions, and community organizations, community college teaching and service organizations.
to find out more:
- call the office of graduate services at 301.687.7053
- email email@example.com
- learn more: register for a webinar or attend an event
- apply now