master of science - applied computer science
online or on campus
choose an fsu graduate degree program with many high-tech career possibilities
a master’s degree in applied computer science from frostburg state university prepares you for exciting career opportunities with the government, in network security, web development and a host of other rewarding fields. unlike theory-based graduate programs, the fsu applied computer science master’s degree is highly experiential. you have the option to specialize in a database concentration or a general computer science specialization offering broad, applied knowledge of computer networking and communications, software engineering, artificial intelligence and web design. you will be working on real computer science challenges faced by businesses and government agencies.
- choose from an online or on campus option to fit your busy lifestyle.
- enter this graduate program without a computer science background by taking two additional introductory graduate courses to meet your deficiency.
- the degree can be earned in as little as one year for those with computer science backgrounds and within one and a half to two years for career changers.
- frostburg undergraduates can earn a degree in one year by taking two graduate courses during the college senior year followed by two online courses in the summer and three courses each in the fall and spring semesters.
master of science applied computer science highlights:
- enter a computer science master's program that can be tailored to your background and field of interest, regardless of your area of undergraduate study.
- take your graduate degree program as a full-time or part-time student, online or on campus.
- write a thesis in your area of applied computer science interest or choose an elective course.
- consider applying for one of our graduate assistantships, which are available each year to outstanding applied computer science students interested in research studies, projects, teaching and other such activities.
- join the fsu chapter of the association of computer machinery to gain access to the latest online resources in the field as well as professional discussions on timely computer science topics.
- be part of a graduate program with alumni working at the fbi, boeing, nasa, google, lockheed martin, apple, ibm and the national security agency among many other well-known organizations.
- study in state-of-the-art computer labs with excellent equipment and resources.
about our master of science – applied computer science faculty:
- learn from educational leaders in the field who possess extensive real-world experience working in the computer science arena.
- attend small classes that allow professors to get to know you well and mentor you in your computer science career field..
career outlook for computer science professionals:
a master's degree in applied computer science prepares you to enter a diverse range of careers including everything from computer and information research science or computer network architecture to becoming a computer programmer, computer system analyst, database administrator or web developer. there are many additional occupations accessible through the knowledge base you will acquire through this master's program.
the u.s. bureau of labor statistics anticipates growth at the following levels for these positions through 2022:
|Computer & information research scientist||15 percent growth (above average)|
|computer network architect||15 percent growth (above average)|
|computer programmer||8 percent growth (average)|
|computer systems analyst||25 percent growth (well above average)|
|database administrator||15 percent growth (above average)|
|software developer||22 percent growth (well above average)|
|web developer||20 percent growth (well above average)|
to find out more:
- call the office of graduate services at 301.687.7053
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- learn more: register for a webinar or attend an event
- apply now