master of science - applied ecology and conservation biology
earn a research degree that prepares you for a career in natural resource conservation and management
frostburg state university’s master of science in applied ecology and conservation biology is one of maryland’s top biology programs and is led by professors who are published scientific authors and renowned authorities in their respective fields. heavily steeped in research, the program uses the extensive resources available at frostburg state university and diverse field environments. students in this advanced degree program gain skills to explore complex conservation topics. because the need for professionals is broad-based and global, this ms program incorporates both domestic and international issues.
- choose from two educational tracks: conservation biology or landscape and watershed ecology.
- join a small cohort of no more than 15 graduate students who work with state and federal fish and wildlife agencies, private industry, and nongovernmental agencies.
master of science - applied ecology and conservation biology highlights:
- apply for an assistantship to help mitigate the cost of your master of science program.
- take advantage of fsu’s affiliations with universities and national agencies in africa and central america to study ecology and conservation issues in these regions.
- be a part of a program that has had great success in helping place students in career positions after graduation.
- compete against other colleges and universities in the southeast wildlife conclave, an event at which fsu students have done well.
- choose the conservation biology track to address both local and global challenges associated with conflicts between human development and conservation of biodiversity.
- select the landscape and watershed ecology track and study the effects of human activities and natural processes on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems at multiple scales.
about our master of science - applied ecology and conservation biology faculty:
- participate in small classes taught by exceptional classroom instructors who enjoy mentoring students and helping them build their professional networks.
- receive individual consultation from a faculty advisor as you develop your graduate research project and thesis.
find out more about frostburg state university’s master of science - applied ecology and conservation biology program requirements (pdf).
career outlook for ecologists and conservation biologists:
the u.s. bureau of labor statistics reports anticipated growth of 3 percent for conservation biologists through 2022. as a graduate of this fsu master’s program, you will be prepared to work in environmental consulting firms, national and international conservation organizations and for state and federal agencies. graduates of the program are also well prepared to pursue doctoral studies in the biology field. for more information, visit www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/conservation-scientists.htm (u.s. government occupational outlook handbook).
to find out more:
- call the office of graduate services at 301.687.7053
- email email@example.com
- learn more: register for a webinar or attend an event
- apply now