master of business administration – mba online
- business analytics
- health care management
post bachelor's certificates:
- business analytics
- health care management
simply a smart business decision
frostburg state university’s aacsb online master of business administration program will give you the professional edge you need to succeed in today’s demanding business world. ranked in us news and world report as a top mba program and recognized by geteducated.com as a best buy among aacsb online programs, fsu’s online mba is designed in a 7-week course model to allow students the opportunity to juggle professional, personal and academic commitments.
the 36-credit hour program offers eight core mba courses to provide all students a well-rounded foundation to advance their careers in management. all students will also choose among three concentrations which include four courses which focus on honing professional skills and knowledge to align with a desired career path. these concentrations include business analytics, health care management and management.
- aacsb international accreditation–the association to advance collegiate schools of business – a proud distinction held by only 5 percent of the world’s business programs.
- recognized as a us news and world report best online program
- best buy for aacsb-accredited online mba programs by geteducated.com providing assurance of affordability with quality and flexibility
- 7-week course model offers six sessions per year to allow students to begin the program throughout the year
- full- or part-time attendance options
- curriculum is designed for both business and non-business majors
- complete the mba program in as little as 12 months with full-time enrollment. the mba program is 36-42 credit hours depending on your academic background.
- qualify for a gmat waiver option if you have an advanced degree with a 3.0 gpa or higher, if your undergraduate gpa is 3.0 or better with two years of management or professional experience gained after college; 2.75 gpa and five years of management or professional experience. please note: students receiving bachelor or master degrees from institutions outside of the us are not eligible for waiver of the gmat or gre.
the mba degree requires a total of 12 courses, 8 core courses and 4 concentration courses. students choose from one of the three concentrations (business analytics, health care management and management).
the field of analytics is a rapidly growing area in all industries including government, education, healthcare, media, services and more. this concentration provides a series of four courses focused on developing critical analytical skills and an understanding of using data for business improvement and decision making.
health care management
health care is one of the fastest growing segments and the opportunities for students who hold an mba with this concentration will be positioned to take on management level positions with the health and medical services industry, which is anticipating 17% job growth by 2024. the health care management concentration complements the core business courses through four courses focusing on preparing students with the requisite knowledge to enter management level positions in the increasingly competitive, complex and demanding health care sector including but not limited to hospitals, outpatient facilities and physician practices. students with or without health care backgrounds can enter this concentration.
the management concentration is designed for those not focused on a specific industry but who want to develop a strong, well-rounded foundation that will prepare students to move into nearly any management level position. whether you work in a corporation, small business or nonprofit organization, you will gain the knowledge you need to lead, manage resources and people and become a change agent.
post-bachelor's certificates (12 to 15 credits)
business analytics, health care management and management
fsu offers three online post-baccalaureate certificates (pbc), business analytics, health care management and management, designed to provide a pathway for those who are seeking to develop additional skills and knowledge for the purpose of career advancement and marketability. the pbc will improve marketability with employers, provide an opportunity to go deeper into a subject area for career advancement, or strengthen your chances of getting into a graduate school or program.
this certificate requires about half the coursework, time and tuition as a master’s degree. the health care management and management certificates can be completed in as little as two semesters, while the business analytics certificate can be completed in 3 semesters. students who successfully complete the pbc with a 3.0 gpa or higher can continue on to the mba program and will have gre/gmat requirement waived. students wishing to continue in the mba program should apply during the last semester of enrollment in the pbc. a summary of the pbc curriculum can be found here.