welcome to graduate admissions at fsu!
we're here to support you and wish you the best of luck starting the graduate program to advance yourself, advance your career and earning potential and advance your future.
fsu graduate programs offer you the opportunity to advance or change careers. we have graduate programs in business, education, health and sciences. while we a few programs are full-time, on-campus programs, most graduate programs at fsu are designed for the working professional in mind - offering both full- or part-time options and online or hybrid delivery format so that you can find the balance between professional, personal and academic life.
in addition to our fsu main campus, we host our some of our programs in education and our physician assistant program in hagerstown at university of maryland system regional education center located in downtown hagerstown.
fsu’s affordable graduate programs are guaranteed to be student focused and to provide opportunities to help you reach your goals. so, what are you waiting for? apply today and take the next step in advancing or changing your career.
each graduate programs has individual program admission requirements specific to their program. you can learn more about specific program requirements by visiting the individual program web pages via the links below. below is a summary of the steps in the admission process.
- completion of an application for admission to graduate study as a degree program student, you can apply apply here
- submission of official undergraduate transcripts and all previous graduate work. these must be an official transcripts sent directly to the office of graduate services from the degree-granting institution. fsu does accept electronic or mailed transcripts. mail to: fsu graduate services, 101 braddock rd., frostburg, md 21532-2303. electronic transcripts should email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- supplemental documents. each graduate degree program has specific admission requirements which are detailed on their respective web pages. some programs may require supplemental documents such as personal statements and resumes. these documents should be submitted as part of your online application. you will be prompted for this information during your application process. use the links below to find the specifics for your program of interest.
- frostburg main campus - frostburg, maryland (fsu)
- university system of maryland at hagerstown, hagerstown md (usmh)
- online (ol)
- hybrid (programs which require short residency visits to campus each semester)(hy)
doctor of education in educational leadership - online (ol) beginning summer 2021
- adult and professional learning facilitation
- higher education leadership
- pk12 leadership
m.s. athletic training - begins summer 2021! (fsu)
- business analytics
- health care management
- business analytics
- health care management
education - master’s degrees for teachers (main campus and usmh) (hy)
m.ed. in curriculum and instruction (hy)
m.ed. in educational leadership (hy) and post master's certificate in educational leadership (ol)
m.ed. in literacy education (hy) and post bachelor's certificate in literacy education (ol)
m.ed. interdisciplinary (hy)
m.ed. in special education (hy)
education - (teacher preparation program)
master of arts in teaching- (hy)
- elementary (usmh)
- secondary (math, english, art, chemistry, physics, biology, earth science, social studies, music, foreign language)(fsu campus). please note computer science will be added in summer 2021 pending msde approval.
m.s. in applied computer science (fsu and ol)
m.s. in counseling psychology (fsu)
m.s. in nursing
- education (ol)
- leadership and management (ol)
- family nurse practitioner (fnp) (hy)
- psychiatric and mental health nurse reactionary (pmhnp) (hy)
master of medical science in physician assistant studies (usmh)
m.s. in recreation, parks and sport management (ol)
- sport management
certificate programspost master's certificate (pmc) in educational leadership (administrator i)(ol)
post bachelor's certificate in literacy education (ol) (coming 2021 pending mhec approval)
post bachelor's certificate in business analytics (ol)
post bachelor's certificate in health care management (ol)
post bachelor's certificate in management (ol)
admission to graduate studies at fsu is based on the academic qualifications of the applicant and is granted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, status as a veteran or disability.