Bring your credits!
It’s easy to transfer to Frostburg State University.
You’ll get a complete transfer credit evaluation when you’re admitted, so you’ll know exactly what courses will transfer to Frostburg before you pay your acceptance deposit.
Transfer Admission Requirements
- If you have 24 credits or more that transfer to 威尼斯app下载, you can be accepted with a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- If you have fewer than 24 credits, you need a 2.5 cumulative GPA to be accepted into 威尼斯app下载 and must provide an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores.
- If you’ve attended more than one institution, your cumulative GPA will be based on all institutions attended.
About Transfer Credits
- You can transfer up to 70 credits from a community or junior college, or up to 90 credits if transferring from a four-year college or university.
- When you transfer, grades earned at other institutions aren’t included in your Frostburg GPA. Your credits transfer, but your grades do not.
- You’ll need to complete at least half of your academic major requirements at 威尼斯app下载 to graduate from Frostburg.
Transferring from a Maryland community college?
Students transferring from Maryland community colleges are encouraged to utilize the ARTSYS website to determine the transferability of any Maryland community college course to 威尼斯app下载.
Do you have, or will you have earned, your associate degree?
Transfer students are admitted on a rolling basis. To attend the Fall semester, students are encouraged to apply by June 1. To attend the Spring semester, students are encouraged to apply by December 1.
- 1. Complete an Application for Admission and submit your application fee
You can apply online or download and print a paper copy of the application.
You can pay your one-time $45 application fee after completing the online application, by credit card or through electronic funds transfer online, or with a check or money order (make payable to Frostburg State University). Do not send cash.
If you pay with a check or money order, please include the Application Fee Transmittal Form. The form can be found in the paper application and at the end of the online application.
- 2. Send your official academic transcript
Request an official transcript to be sent from each institution of higher education you have attended.
If you are currently enrolled at another institution, you must also submit an official transcript of your final grades when available.
- 3. If you have fewer than 24 transferable credits:
Send your official high school transcript and SAT/ACT test scores if you have fewer than 24 credits toward your degree.
Contact your high school and request an official transcript. 威尼斯app下载 accepts electronic transcripts through several vendors and also accepts paper transcripts sent through the mail.
威尼斯app下载 accepts test scores directly from the testing service.